Friday, August 20, 2010

God Tests Before He Invests

  God is more interested in our maturity than in our security.

    But God will never withhold His blessing if He knows that you are ready.

   Ever since I understood this principle that God always has my best interests at heart, I learned to submit to His pleasing and perfect will.

    Instead of questioning His sovereignty and timing by complaining, “Lord, why me?” or “Lord, when will You grant my request? It has been taking an enormous amount of time. When will this suffering end?” I learned to ask, “Lord, what could I learn from this situation?”

   I know God will not withhold anything good from me. But He will protect me if I am not yet ready for the things I have been praying for.

    I learned to pray the right prayers, “Lord, what are the things that You need to change in my life, character and attitude in order for You to entrust to me the things I am asking for? Make me ready for Your blessing.”

    Does this make sense? If you have been praying for a breakthrough like a promotion, a sale or a pending deal, instead of asking, “Lord, why is it taking so long?” why not ask God, "What is hindering You from releasing blessing?"

    Here's a word of caution before you pray that prayer. You should be sure you're ready for what dark spots God is going to expose in your life in order for Him to bring His bright plans. Be careful what you pray for. You might get it.

    I learned never to question God about His plans for my life and to ask Him why it is taking Him so long to answer my prayers.

And we know that in all things God works for
the those who love him,
who have been called according his purpose. 
Romans 8:28

    Now, I know that God tests before He invests.

No comments:

Post a Comment