Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The choices you make now can have a major impact on your future marriage

Wow, just read Kuya Kevin's blog Your Future Spouse: Someone Who Deserves Your Love NOW aas well as the comments. I found this comment which was shared by one of the readers but was originally written by her friend. I was looking for the original site where it can be found but to no avail (since I want to give credits to this wonderful lady). Anyway, I love her post, from the very beginning up to the last. I was amazed that we share the same view about relationships.

Again, this served as a reminder to me and to all single ladies out there. Please read this post and ask God that by His grace, you/we will be able to accomplish God's perfect plan esp. in this matter:

------------------------------

To all the girls out there, I know that at your age, it is a time when the hormones are raging and the open door to fall in love is wide open. But please choose to take your stand and resist the opportunity for untimely love. This was my stand then and this is still my stand now.
--------
If loving someone is God’s idea, why do we see many relationships turn bitter, sour and ugly? If loving is a beautiful thing, why do we hear more stories of hurt, pain and heartbreak?
My answer: Loving someone is at its best when both of you love the Lord first.
A relationship blooms beautifully when it is in God’s time, God’s way with God’s man.

With these points in mind, I would like to outline MY PERSONAL REASONS why I should WAIT for my Honey Best.

1. I do not just want to settle for what is good, what is available and what is seemingly right for this moment. I will wait and settle for God’s best only.

2. I want my heart to be whole when I love him. If I give my love to someone now, and then to another one, and to another one, when I meet my Honey Best, my heart has been divided already. (There is room for the grace of God though, but I’d rather set my standard too high than have a standard too low.)

3. There are less heart aches if I wait. And I will not experience beforehand relationship traumas, fears, misconceptions, bad experiences. I will not suffer the consequences of untimely decisions and mistakes.

4. There is something special about “firsts” eh. First love, first kiss, first everything.

5. I do not want him to feel insecure because of my past intimate relationships.
I want to tell him, this is how much I love you… I held myself back and I waited for you.

6. This is my way of valuing myself. I do not deserve a man who will not complement me, who will put me down and keep me from reaching my full potential. Christ died to give me the best and it will be an insult to My Jesus if I do not receive what He has prepared for me.

7. I love Jesus and I want Him to be pleased with me. I want to glorify Him with my life. I want to be a model and a blessing.

8. I want to give to my Honey Best ALL that is meant for him.

9. If I enter a relationship with someone who’s not meant for me, we are both positioning ourselves in a place where we are not able to receive God’s full blessing.

10. Timing is everything.

11. Being in the center of God’s will is the safest place to be.

12. I want to have a great love story that I will be proud to tell the future generations. I don’t want it to be tainted by not waiting for the right time.

13. I want to honor my parents. They have raised me well.

14. I have no time to play with hearts. I have a mission to accomplish- to win souls and make disciples of multitudes! I am called to conquer territories for Jesus. The nations and the generations!

15. I pursue purity. (PURITY- freedom from contamination, from anything that would spoil the taste or the pleasure, reduce the power or in any way adulterate what the thing is meant to be. From E.Elliot)

16. The waiting process, amidst the conflicting desires, surging passions, blazing affections and emotions and the intense loneliness, when taken in the RIGHT SPIRIT unveils the fullness of Christ in me.

Yup, i admit I am idealistic and yup, I admit ALL these reasons are nothing if not for the grace of God. So help me God.

Lord Jesus, You know my heart and all the desires within. Please take control. I seek not to be dictated by my feelings nor by my thoughts. I only want to be moved by Your presence and by Your Word. Speak clearly to me. At the right time, reveal, unveil, open. I trust in Your timing, in Your faithfulness and in Your unconditional love for me. Thank You for reserving the BEST for me. For the mean time, mold me to be the kind of woman you created me to be. Let me be beautiful from the inside out.Use me for Your glory. Mold him too, to be the kind of man he is meant to be. I allow You to work in his life. Test him through the desert, through the wilderness, through the fire. Push him to walk in his calling. I love You forever Lord Jesus!
I also pray that it will also be the same for all the women out there. I encourage everybody to be patient God has wonderful ways of showing the marvelous future He had in store for us. God will give someone that we can live with for the rest of our lives.

http://jillanneboyonas.blogs.friendster.com/me_as_me/2006/09/_no_one_like_hi.html

2 comments:

  1. aw..so sweet..ang ganda..very inspiring..yes God is in control my pie..He's the author of everything..

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!that's my girl.may God give you the best
    man on God's perfect time.

    ReplyDelete