Monday, May 10, 2010

The very first Philippine National Election 2010 and the "not so good" experience with it

As far as I can tell, definitely this is the most unforgettable election voting that I've been so far. This is my third time to vote (first one was national election too; the 2nd one was local election) and I was really upset with how the election process turned out, as to my case this day.

Here's my account for May 10 Philippine automated election:

7:30 AM:  Ma and Pa reached their precinct...
8:30 AM:  Ma and Pa-done with their vote...
8:45 AM:  My brother and I reached our own separate precinct and guess what...
    I WAS SHOCKED!

    I though there was a second round of Hillsong concert?...no, no, no... I was in MRT's super rush hour perhaps?...or F4 fever again???

    I must admit, I was expecting a less convenient voting process due to the fact that this would be the first time our country's going to make use of election machines as well as new ballot forms. On the contrary, I never did expect that this would be that hard, as in super hard!!! I was upset with the system...no order at all. We had no choice but to head home and just waited for the clock to reach 4 PM so we could vote. Maybe by that time we could have less hassle in voting. Honestly, I was having the second thought of giving up my right to vote for this time; since I was really upset..disappointed. On the other hand, I was thinking of my vote as well, on how this one vote could contribute to a "change" in our country. Hence...

4:15 PM:  We reached our precinct. We still had to queue but it wasn't the same as the morning's scenario.
6:00 PM:  At long last!I'm done! Wow!I felt fulfilled and happy-having exercised my vote and all. 

As I'm writing this entry, I'm hearing news through the television on the updates of our national election...Hmm..just found out that it wasn't completely or totally a "boo-boo". Official counting of Election Returns was far better than manual counting, though I am not certain and convinced of its reliability. 

This "not so good" experience may really mean as it is, but then, I've just realized that it is usually hard the first time. You need to have a lot of adjustment but in the end, it will bring more convenience perhaps or a better change. 

At the end of the day, whether I had a positive or negative experience during the election, the most important thing was I was able to exercise my vote which I believe that God has ordained us to do as well. I just pray that everything's gonna be fine and that our elected government officials will be able to fulfill all their "promises" or rightfully fulfill their responsibility as public servants. And oh!Thank God for a peaceful election in major areas of the country...

**END

Excess:  By the way, I'm now watching Erap's interview of not voting any vice presidential candidate. As to my opinion, it's NO LONGER an issue whether he voted or not. They/that cameraman should've respected his privacy. It's NONE of their business. Even if it's not Erap, anyone should be respected when it comes to voting. I can say that it's another piece of trash!

2 comments:

  1. the good it is that you experienced it ..or i mean "We do..! since that is the first time that we voted in automated process ..its very convenient "a fast and easiest way to vote with less minute to spend your time and easiest way to compute rather in manually process..!

    philip suarez

    ReplyDelete