Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Warning: Subjective content =)

I should’ve done this before the New Year began; when my mind was still fresh of its memories for the past year. Unfortunately, there were a lot of things to be done which I reckon to be more important than this. This isn’t less important though. Well, got to deal with a lot of trash in my room. Anyway…

So how should I start?

Wow! Just can’t believe that another year has passed. Really, just can’t believe that through God’s grace and faithfulness, we were able to withstand and overcome life’s challenges for the past year.
I will never ever forget 2009 for so many reasons. For me, and I think to some of you as well; 2009 was a year of crises, a year of challenges, a year of trials and tribulations. Of course there were a lot of good things that had happened, but as to my account, 2009 happened to be the moment of my lowest point in life so far. Until now, I don’t know why it just happened. But I think God is revealing to me little by little, if not all at once, His plans for me. I don’t need to elaborate more on the exact details of the events, but I want to share the things I’ve learned from these experiences and at the same time, thank God for all His blessings He has constantly giving me, like those people who stood by me during those difficult times.

Last 2009, I’ve learned that…

-There are things you have to learn the hard way. It wasn’t intended to be the hard way, actually. But it happened anyway as a consequence of your action. In my case, I can say that I’ve learned things the hard way as a result of my actions; actions that should’ve not happened if only I gave myself enough time to think it over and over again; actions that should’ve been avoided if I wasn’t emotional enough to decide on things right away. Then I had to suffer that much; major Depression to be exact…

-When all else fails, when hope seems to die so quickly, when you have no one to turn to (you know everyone sympathizes with you but deep inside, no one can actually understand what you’re been going through), never ever give up. Again, NEVER EVER GIVE UP. For during those lowest and saddest points in your life that God will reveal His surprise for you. He is the ONLY HOPE we can ever have. Trust me, I’ve experienced it. I’m still enjoying it up to present and will continue for a lifetime perhaps. =)

-Patience is a virtue. Never take things quickly. You can appreciate that thing all the more when you know you’ve waited. Great things (and God’s will) are worth waiting for.

-You can’t please everybody. But try to please God anyway.

-People change. This is definitely given to everyone of us. However, more often than not, people change for the worse, not for the better. Really makes me sick…sigh!

-True friends arrive during disaster. You’ll only know your true friends when you have nothing left in your pocket; when others leave yet they don’t.



-Be careful in making choices, otherwise suffer its consequences. /Avoid making decisions when you’re too happy/too sad. Make choices when you know you have a sound mind at that moment. /Think before you act.

-Only God can turn a mess into a message; a test in a testimony; a victim into a victor.

-God moves in mysterious ways! I love it!

-God hates and highly detests idolatry; be it your carved images, a person, money, material things, wealth, or any possession.

-In dealing life’s uncertainties and perplexities, it’s not about WHY and WHAT. It’s about WHO (who will you call? Who will you trust? To whom will you put your hope and faith?)

-There are a lot of fake Christians in this world. BEWARE! "Beware of false prophets who come disguised as harmless sheep but are really vicious wolves. You can identify them by their fruit, that is, by the way they act. Can you pick grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles?” Matthew 7:15-16

-Why do people difficult to trust? Can’t even keep a secret? “It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man.” Psalm 118:8

-Nothing is permanent in this world. Everything shall pass except God and His Living Word. Material things will vanish, people will leave you (intentionally or not) “Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.” Mark 13:31

-Invest your life in what pays eternal dividends. God had taught me not to invest on earthly things for they will disappear in a snap; in a twinkling of an eye (remember Ondoy?). What is the most essential is how you live your life according to God’s will and purpose. "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.” Matthew 6:19

-There is no such thing as “perfect” job in which you have well-compensated salaries and benefits, good bosses, friendly co-workers, enough work load, travel, etc. Even the best and ideal work has its own flaws. Never expect too much from it or else disappoint yourself.

-High salary is not a determinant of a most-fulfilling job. Although not all, work satisfaction can be found in good camaraderie with co-workers and bosses. =) High salary is non-sense if you’re not happy with your officemates and more so with your boss, and the work itself (if it isn’t your passion).

-Things are easier said than done.

3 comments:

  1. Ruth, I agree with you all the way down
    God bless you. =)Mean

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!!ate ruth...actually as i read this...it almost made me cry.. :) i really and definitely agree of whatg you just written above :)) thanks for inspiring us :)) God is smiling out there coz you've been sharing HIS word and love for us..good job ate.. thanks for this!=)

    michelle-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ruth,

    It touched my unconscious heart and mind. this was so very great message. I never had this message before. I have a tough decision right now, i will still pray and talk to HIM and ask for guidance and comfort. thanks for being my long distance and long lost friend. hehe..GODBLESS

    ReplyDelete